The solution for measuring and following up on the evolution of your food waste in kilograms and in euros.
Edgar is an online solution for caterers, chains or local authorities to measure and follow-up on the evolution of their food waste in kg and in euros.
Based on a collaborative project among several caterers, Edgar is a tool made for professionals and their collaborators.
Measure and follow-up on the food waste in kilos and in euros per service or per guest
The dashboard generates follow-up food waste indicators depending on the service or specific stage of the service (preparation, plate clearing, storage, bread…).
Sort waste into different categories
Edgar allows you to make a distinction between total waste, unavoidable waste, waste that can be recovered, and food wastage.
Assess waste per type of dish
The caterer can set recipes and estimate the theoretical waste generated for each dish. Thanks to an ingredient database, it is possible to compare dishes to one another, and to estimate actual costs and waste reduction opportunities.
Consolidate your results and compare your businesses
The reporting tool allows you to select a panel of restaurants and to add, average or compare the waste generated over time. A workspace makes it easy to manage collective projects and to cut individual data treatment time.
To promote the restaurant’s commitment, Edgar is also a communication platform for the general public :
- An interactive map to identify and promote active restaurants
- Action forms (purchase, storage, awareness raising, communication... ) to act and involve the staff
- A step-by-step methodological guide to help reduce food waste, and associated costs
Edgar is designed for everyone, from beginners to people already involved in the initiative thanks to its 3 levels :
First steps : I want to know the volume of my food waste
- I organise weighing campaigns (everyday for a week for instance)
- I identify steps that generate the most waste (preparation, plate clearing…)
- I implement actions and cut the total amount of waste.
Advanced : I want to carry out a more in-depth analysis of my waste and the associated costs
- I describe my ingredients and recipes
- I monitor the dishes served during weighing campaigns
- I look at details related to type of dishes (starters, main dish, dessert, bread)
- I analyse my waste-related costs.
Expert : I work within a network
- I consolidate, compare, manage and train my community
- I inform my network and my local authority about the process
- I manage a collective project