Measure and reduce food waste in your restaurant, your network or your area.
How did the project start out? ?
Each year, 1.3 tonnes of food is thrown away or wasted globally. This represents ⅓ of food products on the planet. On average, 212g of food is wasted per meal and per guest in the food services industry, 230g in traditional catering. So much produce bought by caterers and not consumed. So many euros spent on buying and preparing food produce only for it to be thrown away...
What is the Edgar campaign about ?
Edgar (Élimination Du Gaspillage Alimentaire au Restaurant - Eliminating food wastage at restaurants) is a campaign aimed at restaurants and hotels that offers :
- An online waste management tool that measures the amount of waste but also its financial value (loss in €).
- A reporting tool for comparison with other restaurants.
- A methodological guide for reducing food waste containing index cards with concrete steps.
- Training aimed at professionals
- A communication platform for the public
What are the benefits for participating restaurants and hotels ?
- Measurement and reduction of food wastage and therefore the amount of waste generated.
- Reduced purchasing and operating costs.
- Access to a tool and a pragmatic method for measuring and reducing food wastage and costs.
- To train and unite the teams around a common project.
- To inform their clients about their commitment.
Check out our solution "Edgar"